Spring is here!... Officially!!...Today!!... At least that's what the calender says...
1. To honor this great day, I had a date with these babies!--don't they look sharp?!
I started to cut off the dead foliage from some of my herbs and perennials--there's already growth starting underneath which excites me to no end! A promise of greener days to follow! My goal is to have a full trashcan of clippings twice a week...that way, when the mulch arrives, I'll be ready for action!
2. Another sign that spring is in the air is this...!Every year, some poor cardinal spends hours on end slamming her beak into her reflection on my window! You'd think that after doing this day after day for hours on end, she'd get the point that this is just an illusion. (Is that where bird brain comes from?)
My solution (although not very effective, is to stick the dryer sheets on the ledge)--I'm hoping to discourage her from this self destructive behavior. I'm pretty sure it's not working very well.
3. I found something new at the produce stand today...celery root! I'd never tried it before, so I asked a woman standing in front of me what it was. She knew right away and told me how to prepare it (just like mashed potatoes)...
It was actually quite good--it had a bit of a mashed turnip texture but with a celery flavor...
I'm always up for trying new foods ...
4. I can't believe that I'm actually posting a picture of this Lucky Charms box--(again!) but there is a story behind it...(and not one that I'm proud to admit)--but for the sake of 5 for Friday...here it is...
I let my kids each have one bowl of these for St. Patrick's day...which left about a half of a box left...
I got the munchies later on that afternoon and decided that maybe one bowl of these might really hit the spot...(and how!)
I ATE THE REST OF THE BOX!!! What the? is right! What is WRONG with me? Have I no self control? I guess this is where my kids get it from! (they tasted sinfully good--but then again, I like junky kid food like fun dip and hot pockets--)
5. That's right, folks...You saw it right! It is indeed a half eaten shamrock oreo that was partly consumed before 7:00am...(Reilly has become a total sneak lately and has been coming downstairs in the morning before anyone is awake and snarfing down food)--
The bigger issue here is that she ATE IT IN THE LIVING ROOM! (which everyone knows is off limits!)
Did you ever see Mommy Dearest with Joan Crawford when she discovers that her daughter had wire hangers in her closet?--Remember how she freaked? That was sooooo me the other day when this cookie was discovered!
**Do you have a love affair with your clippers?
**Have you ever had birds slam into your window like that?
**Have you tried celery root?
**Do you have a no eating in the living room rule?
**Can you believe that I ate the rest of the Lucky Charms?