Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Turning Eight is Pretty Sweet!

Reilly turned 8 on January 29th...
Since 8 is a big birthday for my kids, I did a little more than the usual family party to celebrate...
She got to have a chocolate dipping party at Raymer's Chocolates...
Shouldn't every day start off with a big hunk of dark chocolate?!




The girls all got to have a tour of the candy making process...Here, they are are learning how non-perils are made...


The ginormous non peril is for the birthday girl...



Amateur dippers...


I can almost feel a cavity coming on...
What ISN'T good when covered with chocolate???


It was a really great afternoon, despite the snowy conditions. The girls all had a fun time and were super sugared up when the parents came to pick them up...


Later that night, we had a family party at home. Granny was here to help celebrate, which made it extra special.


The next day, Reilly got baptized after church...
My mom gave the talk on baptism and Jen Pond spoke on the Holy Ghost. Susan Taylor conducted and Tina Nielson sang a song "Come to the Water." It was a great program and one that I'm sure Reilly will always think of with fond memories....
We had a luncheon afterwards which I thought would be for about 50-60 people. I didn't make it exclusive, and close to 90 people ended up being there. I'm not sure if it was their love for Reilly or the pulled barbecue pork sandwiches that we served that lured them in. Either way, we had a great day. Interestingly, we ended up having enough food for everyone...it was kind of like that story about the fishes and the loaves. I wish that I would have taken pictures of the food and set up...Susan provided a gourmet cheese spread fit for a king, and my friend Leisha Atkinson made 3 platters of fruit kabobs. We also had mini flour tortillas spread with a salsa/cream cheese mixture. For dessert, we served mini white donuts and brownies...
It was a detail packed weekend that ended just in time for my next adventure...
The New York Trade Show with Susan and Heather...
More on that tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun, fun birthday for Reilly - she will TOTALLY remember it all! BTW, I simply cannot believe she is 8 years old. She had JUST been BORN when we moved into the ward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baptism years are like double birthdays! She looks so beautiful! It is really special to have a baptism just for her. Out here in the West, there are so many kids that they hold a Stake baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I want a chocolate dipping birthday party!!!

    Happy Birthday Reilly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are back!!! I dipped chocolates yesterday with the 5th grade they loved it, what an awesome fun yummy idea for a birthday party!!
    Congrats to Reilly for get baptized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you mention to me the chocolate dipping party? Holy moly! Perfect! Reilly looks happy and her friends are all so cute!

    Looks like it was a successful 8th birthday for sure. And so nice to have it recorded forever on your blog!

    p.s. love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's my kind of party!!

    Open house for 90?! That raises my blood pressure even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, i think i just figured out how i want to spend MY next birthday party! chocolate dipping here we come!

    ReplyDelete