Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Randomness...

Reilly started soccer for the first time this year...
Last Saturday was her first game and it was really fun to see her in action...


It has been interesting to see how each of my childrens' chacteristics manifest themselves...
Reilly is very stubborn and determined once she sets her mind to something...this seems to be playing out well with the game of soccer...

I love this picture of her...she looks so happy and relaxed...





A daughter of a woman in our ward offered to have us come pick grapes at her house...
This is the first year that I've actually gone to pick them...usually, she picks them for me and I go to her house to get them...





We invited Brady and Emalee Day to join us in the picking...
It was a bit tedious as most of the grapes were wedged in between the branches and the arbor
and higher than the kids could reach...but we all still had a good time...
We went out for pizza afterwards and loaded up...Good times...



Ahhh...the fruits (literally) of our labor...
Making grapejuice has become a yearly tradition...
It's so interesting to me when I think about how opposed I was to canning things when I was growing up and now, it's that very thing that brings me great pleasure...

5 comments:

  1. I love that Reilly plays soccer. Your kids are already more athletic than we were:-) And I love homemade grape juice. I might go raid mom's pantry today for some, if she has any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool when you can see a child's personality traits come out in other areas and be helpful to them, so often traits that are obnoxious or challenging end up serving them well in other areas.

    I love homemade grape juice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a mormon with the canning thing...so impressed! and with the 6am time that you posted this, geesh you get more done before 9am than i do all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried out soccer last year. It didn't go over well.

    I don't think they grapes would even make it to grape juice. We would eat them too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Homemade grape juice is so incredibly delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete