Saturday, September 19, 2009

An apple a day...

We look forward every year to going apple picking at Solebury Orchards...
Kiley, Arielle and Bella Atkinson got to go with us this year...


This place is the epitome of quaint...








Hands down the BEST apple ever!







Gala and Honeycrisps were the only two varieties ready to pick. We sampled some of both and all agreed that the Honeycrisp were the tastiest...


Some of these smiles were a bit strained thanks to some lingering gnats...
(what is the purpose of a gnat again, I forget?)


We bought the last bag of these...
They are amazing!!

We sipped fresh apple cider and ate a cider donut sample before heading for home...
Everyone was pretty wound up at this point...but in a good way...

***Have you been apple picking yet this year?
***What is the purpose of a gnat?
***Have you tried Honeycrisps?

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- the East is so cool. There are no apple picking cute places around here... no way. This just looks like the most fun ever. Your pictures are fantastic. I am consistantly amazed at all the fun adventures you guys are going on.

    So happy to see you stopped by my blog today-

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! I can just taste the apples and cider:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of growing up in California. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! Did you bring home lots of apples? Applesauce, dehydrated apples, apple pie, apple crisp...YUM!

    I've never tried Honey crisps. I have to see if they even carry them here. We are Fuji or Red Delicious, or basically whatever is on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love honeycrisp apples--I think we might go today, at least to eat the donuts and cider, but not necessarily pick apples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never even heard of Honey Crisp apples, but they sound good.

    We have an apple tree in our backyard and the apples are looking almost ready to pick.

    I want to have my own cutting garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun!!! I have never been apple-picking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE honeycrisp apples. I havent been applepicking in a long time. The last time was at a youth conference when we went to the Johnson farm (service project) and ended up having an apple throwing fight. maybe that is why they no longer have the youth come there. hmmmmmmmm... I will have to take Josie to Pajers' to pick some apples.
    Looks like everyone had fun, as usual. You are so close to so many neat things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun! will we be doing an applesauce day in oct? looks like everyone had a blast-

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to go to an orchard like that!! Utah has nothing like that here. My apple orchard is one tree in my side yard....we still have about 3-4 weeks before our apples will done.

    What pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh! Look at that! So beautiful, the photos turned out so gorgeous. What a lovely inspiring outing!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been apple picking, but would like to. Your pictures turned out fantastically!!!

    I've never tried honeycrisps.

    I have NO idea what the purpose of a gnat is. They are sooo annoying!

    Love your pictures! What a great outing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pictures, did you get yourself some swanky camera?? going apple picking with robbie's kindergarten class soon, (his first fieldtrip...ahhh)

    ReplyDelete