Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reilly's Chinese New Year party

Every year, the first grade class at our elementary school studies a segment on China.
This year, I got to go in and help out...




The kids parade in costume around the whole school chanting, "Hung Mey Fat Choy"



Reilly was self conscience in her hat...in fact, she hid from me when she saw me standing in the hall...



I loved the pandas on the back of these costumes made out of pillowcases...



Mr. Schwartz, the principle, proudly wearing a traditional Chinese outfit...



A local Chinese restaurant caters lunches for the kids...
I would have died with excitement if I got this kind of thing in first grade...
The kids seemed excited, but no over the moon excited like I would have been!
Ca'mon people! We're talking RESTAURANT FOOD!





This is Julie, Reilly's 6th grade buddy...




Look at this feast! I was drooling the whole time...
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the amounts of food being thrown away...
I had to keep reminding myself about the Seinfeld where George got accused of trash picking...

I don't understand why I can't make some of my pictures larger...
It's a complete mystery to me...
But anyway, here we are after the food frenzy that I was not a part of...


8 comments:

  1. once again, craving Chinese big time!!! i don't remember having anything like that going to school, that's really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun thing to do at school! We don't do anything like that here. My kids wouldn't have eaten any of the Chinese food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she give you any little bites?

    I wish schools out here did fun stuff to reinforce education. It's all work, work, work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! can someone please send me back to 1st grade? fancy! they sure put a lot of work into that. Speaking of seinfeld.. i was so desperate for the last brownie the other day. Mom threw it away and said to me "dig it out, George"... although I think she was referring to George Nuhn. It was still funny. I ate it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi shannon! i think i figured out the bigger/smaller picture mystery. well, if you have a mac...when you're choosing your photo, pick the one that says .JPG, rather than .jpg. the uppercase one. does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun that you got to be there with Reilly for the party. I need Chinese food now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cool party! I especially love the dragon!!!! And you are right, restaraunt-catered food!! Those kids don't know how good they've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great event!

    I would have been over the moon about that myself. But none of my kids would have touched that food in first grade.

    I'm cracking up over your trash-picking reference.

    ReplyDelete